Hotels.com has released its latest market research, highlighting the goods necessary to keep global travelers happy when on the go. The results reflect a “home away from home” mentality, not foreign to prior knowledge. Aside from luxuries such as high end coffee makers, remote controlled rooms, and therapudic beds, more than half of business travelers said one element trumps the rest when choosing a hotel: Free Wi-Fi.
This should not come as much of surprise to anyone. After all, recent surveys conducted by StrongMail indicate that (mobile) and web-based marketing and online activity are at an all time high, with companies across the world expanding their budget in 2013 for a more web-centered approach to business.
So, free internet is a must…but what else do travelers want when they stay at your hotel? Here are some of the top amenities guests are after:
1. High End Coffee Makers – 23% of tech-savvy business travelers called this a must have. No confusion there.
2. Free Bottled Water – Listed under the “Simple Amenities” category, 43% of those surveyed chose free H20 as the number one must have.
3. Complimentary Breakfast – Surveyed on the “Non-Tech” side of things, 31% of those surveyed said that a free meal in the morning is something that they would like to see become standard in all hotels in 2013.
4. Workout Facilities – Weary travelers often times need to boost their energy before an outing, meeting, or call. Sometimes it feels good to just flat out move after hours on a plane. For these reasons, 26% of those surveyed said that their favorite amenity in any hotel is a high-end fitness center/spa.
5. Happy Hours, Wine Tastings and Cocktails – 42% of global travelers said that their favorite new addition to hotels is in the lounge. Unwinding, relaxing and enjoying a drink with friends after a long day of travel can be the best remedy to an overwhelmed guest.